- GPS integration—A USB or Bluetooth NMEA GPS Receiver can be connected to ArcGIS Explorer Desktop to see real time location, enter waypoints and track location.
- Spatial selection—Use shapes to query features with spatial operators such as contains, intersects, or within.
- Image georeferencing—ArcGIS Explorer Desktop now includes georeferencing tools for non-georeferenced rasters.
- Support for adding geotagged photos
- Ability to geotag photos interactively
- Query by attribute for layer packages
- KML improvements